Friday, July 31, 2009

Nurgle Daemon Prince

With my new model built and primed with The Army Painter's Necrotic Flesh, I started painting it up. So far so good. I did a complete wash with GW's old Green Ink which gave it a nice solid green color. I did up the sword with a simple rust effect which came out well. After that, started working on lightning up the model by coloring all the spines sticking out with Bleached Bone and then Skull White. The horns got the same effect, though more work needs to be done on the head where it meets with the horns. The armor was done with Camo Green. I wanted the armor to blend in but at the same time stand out. I think it works so far. I highlighted the edges a bith with a 1:1 mix of Camo Green and Skull White. The chaos symbol in the middle was first done with Icy Blue with a Skull White Highlight. I still have a lot more to do. I want to avoid using metallic colors in this model, so I will have to practice a bit to make sure the chainmail and chains look good. I still have to figure out what I want to do with the sword hilt.

The model is going to be a Daemon Prince of Nurgle for my chaos army. It's actually a Warhammer Fantasy model, Be'Lakor, the Dark Master, but I loved the model. I complete treat to paint. I truth, I can easily see myself picking up another and building it up again.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails